May 21, 2011

Bookmaking, the Telling Image

I just finished one of my favorite classes of my undergraduate career, The Telling Image: The Art of Bookmaking. I learned about binding, printing, layout, illustration, characters, and plot. I made a canvas hardcover sketchbook (complete with sketches on the outside), a stab-bound book with Japanese paper with a custom black slide box, a few full color spreads for my book on Revelation (unfortunately, I didn't have time to finish the entire thing), an illustrated version of Edgar Allan Poe's poem "A Dream Within a Dream," an according book with two short stories that I wrote, and a couple small projects.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! That looks great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. (I know I've seen most of them but I don't remember seeing the finished Revelations one...)

    ReplyDelete